Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Great Vegetable Experiment 07, Day 66

So much growing!!

Outside:

Drumroll please!
The garlic has finally reared its head, i had pretty much given up in, fickle thing that it is.

Potatoes are coming up like no ones business
I'm sure i have to bank (? ) them sometime tho i dunno when..
Onions
Also powering ahead

Some slightly iffy stick the camera under the fleece and hope for the best shots...


Peas growing and doing there thang
Broccoli, cabbage and cauliflowers getting big too


next
Carrots in the barrel growing nicely
Lastly outside a new addition, some bean plants, they went in on friday built them a wigwam of canes then on Sunday gale force winds decimated them somewhat:
Thus we shall wait and see...

Inside:

Courgettes are growing a few wee buds starting
Pepper, also showing wee buds so should be planted out into the grow bag, maybe tonights taskTomatoes! Getting big and i think all the plants are flowering
The biggest on the right is about as tall as me (I'm 5'8)
And most excitingly(is that a word?)
Tomatoes!! Actual tomatoes about marble sized, i think i have 4 in all these 2 a smaller one and a totty wee one.

Lastly some new additions indoor, not techincally vegetables but still crops:
In the big pot cotton and in the wee one flax

Can you see where i am going with this??

2 comments:

prairiegirl said...

You certainly have a green thumb!!! You're inspiring me to start gardening again - I used to have a huge garden all to myself when I was a kid and we lived in the country. I miss that! Hmmm. Time to dig out the soil and pots I think!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your tomatoe plants are already big. Ours are nice but not such giants. Did you grow them from seeds?